The Squall SQL15 Star Drag is designed from a lightweight graphite frame and is outfitted with a free-floating spool due to the Live Spindle design for exceptional casting performance.
The externally adjustable Adjusta-Mag braking system utilized on the 15 size creates one of the most cast able reels in its class.
- Adjusta-Mag™ Brake - Adjusta-Mag is your fine tuning adjustment for precision control settings. It contains a magnet composed of rare earth metals, which emit a magnetic field. This magnetic field, through a series of complex molecular interactions, alters the rotational speed of any electrically conductive material passing through its field.
- Live Spindle Design - The revolutionary Live Spindle™ design ensures exceptional casting performance. The improved configuration allows the spool to spin independently of the spindle and pinion gear, which significantly reduces friction experienced from the extreme acceleration of the spool when casting. Other reels using a “fixed spindle” design slow the rotation of the spool and reduce casting distance. Additionally the Live Spindle improves the retrieve of the reel because the spindle and pinion do not need to turn relative to each other during heavy loads, unlike a “fixed spindle” reels that result in a difficult retrieve and erratic drag.
- Versa-Drag™ - By rearranging the sequence of the keyed metal washers and eared HT-100™ washers the reel can be set up for fishing a wide range of drag settings without additional parts.
- Line Capacity Rings - Eliminates the question of how much line you have left when fighting a fish. The three lines on the spool flange let you know when you have 1/3rd, 2/3rd, or a full spool of line. Also if you respool often these lines give you a benchmark for backing your super lines with monofilament which will help eliminate wasted time and line.
- Versa-Handle™ - Are you bottom fishing or trolling? Are you looking for power or speed? The Squall Lever Drag’s Versa-Handle system allows you to choose how long the handle should be in less than a minute (tools are included with each reel). Assemble the reel in the long position for more power or assemble in the short position for more speed.
- Lightweight graphite frame
- Machined and anodized aluminium spool
- Externally adjustable magnetic casting brake on 12 and 15 sizes
- High-strength marine grade bronze alloy main gear
- Precision-machined stainless steel pinion gear
- Live spindle with free floating spool
- Shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- HT-100™ drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads
- Stainless steel reel stand
- Counter-balanced handle with oversized paddle knob
Gear Ratio: 6.0:1
Ball Bearings: 6 + 1 Anti Reverse
Weight: 14.6oz, 414gm
Line Retrieve: 28", 71cm
- m/kg: 0.38/256, 0.41/219, 0.46/174
- lbs/yds: 15/280, 17/240, 20/190
Handle Side: Right
Max Drag: Variable up to 15lb, 6kg