Penn Spinfisher V SSV5500 Spin Reel
- Water Tight Design
A total of 6 seals (9 seals on the live liner models) are used to create the new Water Tight Design used in the Spinfisher V. Whether you dunk the reel in the surf, or let it ride in the spray all the way home, you don’t have to worry about saltwater getting into the gearbox or drag system.
- Slammer® Drag System
A truly sealed drag system with a total of 3 HT-100 drag washers (1 on the top of the spool, 2 underneath the spool). All HT-100 washers are greased for smoothness and longevity. Extreme range, endless adjustment, and a large diameter drag knob so you can easily crank down to max drag.
- Full Metal Body A full metal body and sideplate keep precise gear alignment under heavy loads.
- Superline Spool™
No backing needed because the rubber gasket keeps superline from slipping.
- Line Capacity Rings
Eliminates the question of how much line you have left when fighting a fish. The three lines on the spool flange let you know when you have 1/3rd, 2/3rd or a full spool of line. Also if you respool often these lines find you a benchmark for backing your superlines with monofilament which will help eliminate wasted time and line.
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Heavy Duty Bail Wire
- 6 Shielded Stainless steel Ball bearings
- Infinite Anti Reverse
Model: SSV 5500
Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
Ball Bearings: 6 + 1 RB
Max Drag: 14kg
Handle Side: Interchangeable
Spare Spool: No
Penn Spinfisher SSM 7'0" 8-10kg Spin Rod
- Penn's Graphite core construction Blank
- Inlaid line guides suitable for braid or nylon line
- Integrated solid glass tip offers strength and sensitivity
- Tapered EVA foam fore grip
- up locking Graphite reel seat with reinforced Hoods
- EVA foam rear grip
- Rubber Butt Cap
Line Class: 8-10kg
Length: 7'0", 2.10m
Guides: 5 + 1 Guide
Construction: 1 Piece Blank
Suited Reels: Penn SSM 750 Spin Reel or similar