The secret to the Bradley Smoker is the Bradley flavour bisquettes. To produce the bisquettes, the hardwood chippings are bound together using precise quantities, at controlled pressures and densities. The flavour of the smoke is determined by the variety of wood being burned.
Composition : Bradley flavour bisquettes are rendered from the natural hardwood's, without additives. Tests held by the British Columbia Institute of Technology have demonstrated that Bradley flavour bisquettes produce smoke four times cleaner than smoke produced by identical chippings burnt in a fry pan or burn box. It's our unique way to let you taste the great outdoors. The Bradley Smoker burns a flavour bisquette once every 20 minutes producing a clean smoke flavour. As each is burnt, it is gently pushed from the burner element by the next bisquette, to be extinguished in the pot of water. The cycle continues for as long as the Bradley Smoker is loaded with bisquettes. When wood burns, the smoke flavour is produced in the initial minutes of the burn. Wood chippings or sawdust, burnt for too long, impart a distinct after-taste to smoked food. The flavour would also be affected by fluctuating high temperatures, gases and resins. However, with the Bradley flavour bisquettes, you get perfect results every time you smoke.
Flavours : We have flavours to suit a range of meats, cheeses and vegetables.
- Alder – Traditionally used for smoked salmon. Excellent with any seafood.
- Apple – Another traditional favourite for pork. Excellent with mild flavoured meats. Pork, Poultry, Wild Turkey.
- Cherry - Sweet natural flavour is great with poultry and lighter flavoured foods. Poultry, Vegetables, Cheese.
- Hickory – Considered by many to be the best wood for pork. Hickory’s full rich flavour is excellent for any meat. Pork, Beef, Venison, Wild Game.
- Maple – Our new favourite for smoked salmon. Great on a tuna steak. Seafood, Poultry, Wild turkey, Vegetables, cheese.
- Mesquite – Strongest of the woods. Nothing says Texas like mesquite cooked beef brisket. Beef, Venison, Wild game.
- Oak – Rich flavoured wood excellent with wild game or beef. Beef, Wild game, pork, Wild Turkey.
- Pacific Blend - The Pacific Blend is chef-inspired for fish and seafood and features a light clean flavour. We recommend this bisquette with: Seafood, Poultry, Wild Turkey, Vegetables, Cheese.
- Pecan – Cousin to hickory wood. Pecan is a winner with wild boar. Pork, Beef, Venison Poultry.
- Special Blend – Our specially formed blend has a distinct flavour that is mild enough for any dish. Beef, Pork, Wild game, Poultry.