After nearly half a century of reliability the original legend returns, the new 2016 BG 2000 Spin Reel. Daiwa’s newest heavy-duty super reel starts with Daiwa’s legendary Real Four design formula. An amalgamation of Real Engine, Real Control, Real Endurance, Real Custom, and Real Four gives rise to spin excellence that is unrivalled in design, performance and quality.
Reaping the full protection and strength benefits of the new body is technologically advanced Digigear system. A highly evolved drive system, Digigear features a high precision cutting technique that achieves perfect gear meshing and ultra smooth performance.
Big on looks and big on features, the all- new, all-black and gold BG offers up a powerful combination of performance, strength and reliability in one of Daiwa’s most renowned names in heavy duty spin reels.
- Aluminium body - BG’s aluminium body and side plate forms a reel body that is precision machined, and highly corrosion resistant, making it the ultimate body for the offshore environment. Rigid, strong and highly durable the unyielding body allows for seamless gear function and prevents twisting when the reel is under load and results in greater cranking force.
- Digigear II - Machined, digitally developed gearing for maximum performance and endurance. Embeded in our HardBodyZ aluminum body, it transmits smoothly and efficiently the power of the handle directly to the rotor. Like this you can concentrate on fishing completely.Our DAIWA engineers completely perfected the technology of milled gears with the Digigear II. The shape and surface of the gear teeth enable the construction of gears with extraordinary smooth running, smallest resistance and extremely long lifespan.
- Air Rotor - Especially for our reels with oil barrier (Mag Sealed reels) mechanism we have developed a complete new Air Rotor. So the enormous strains, which affect the rotor via the line and the line roller are better distributed. This causes less pressure on the single parts of the rotor. The new rotor is 15% more light weighted than usual rotors of the same material - this reduces vibrations and enhances the rotational balance thanks to a very low centre of gravity.Under the same strain, a conventional rotor is much more distorted than a Air Rotor, since here the strain is scattered over the whole rotor and not not concentrated to one point.
- ABS II - The super system, that allows long casts and prevents line twist reliably. The running of the line from the spool usually occurs in different big loops depending on the reel's type. The best approach for preventing twist of the line is the generation of large windings. DAIWA reels with ABS have spools, which are constructed in such way that they have a spool guide of very large diameter which is getting bigger towards to the spool's top. Thus there won't emerge any "cones" during winding this spool. Like this the line unwinds in big loops and very evenly from the spool and thus prevents the twisting of the line. Thanks to this system also longer casts are possible.
- Twisterbuster II - Line Twist Occurs in the rotor rotation was said to be an inevitable consequence of fishing with spin reels. Daiwa employs a tapered line roller in its Twistbuster II Technology that has been used to great effect, offsetting line twist, greatly improving line management and resulting in trouble free fishing.
- ATD - ATD or Automatic Tournament Drag is the newest introduction into DAIWA spinning reels. On one level ATD implements structural changes to the spool metal of the reel that provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft.aThis additional support of the spool reduces spool twist under load, promotes more even pressure on the drag washers and ultimately reduces "pulsing" of the drag when fighting the fish. The second aspect of ATD is an improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity immediately after drag start up. This reduces initail drag start up intertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD drag system results in a smoother drag from inital hookup allowing you to concentrae on the fisht.
Model: BG 2000
Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
Bearings: 6BB + 1BB
Weight: 240g, 8.5oz
Max Drag: 2kg, 4.4lb
- lbs/yds: 6/135, 8/110, 10/85
- mm/m: 0.25/125, 0.28/100, 0.30/85
lbs/m: 10/150, 15/120, 20/100
|Brand||Daiwa Fishing Equipment|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Fullon Fishing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.