The Daiwa BG 3000 Reel makes the most of the technology Daiwa has to offer, this reel is packed with features such as Digigear II, ATD, and Twist Buster, to produce a reel with excellent feel and performance.
After nearly half a century of reliability the original legend returns, the new 2016 BG. Daiwa’s newest heavy-duty super reel starts with Daiwa’s legendary Real Four design formula. An amalgamation of Real Engine, Real Control, Real Endurance, Real Custom, and Real Four gives rise to spin excellence that is unrivalled in design, performance and quality.
Big on looks and big on features, the all- new, all-black and gold BG offers up a powerful combination of performance, strength and reliability in one of Daiwa’s most renowned names in heavy duty spin reels.
- Aluminium body - BG’s aluminium body and side plate forms a reel body that is precision machined, and highly corrosion resistant, making it the ultimate body for the offshore environment. Rigid, strong and highly durable the unyielding body allows for seamless gear function and prevents twisting when the reel is under load and results in greater cranking force.
- Digigear II - Reaping the full protection and strength benefits of the new body is technologically advanced Digigear system. A highly evolved drive system, Digigear features a high precision cutting technique that achieves perfect gear meshing and ultra smooth performance.
- Air Rotor - For ultimate strength and rotation, BG uses our latest version of Air Rotor, this super strong light rotor is like no other – a new revolution in strength and sensitivity. This design disperses pressure to the entire lower section of the rotor, dramatically decreasing weight, stress and flexing while massively increasing the strength.
- ABS II - The super system, that allows long casts and prevents line twist reliably. The running of the line from the spool usually occurs in different big loops depending on the reel's type. The best approach for preventing twist of the line is the generation of large windings. DAIWA reels with ABS have spools, which are constructed in such way that they have a spool guide of very large diameter which is getting bigger towards to the spool's top. Thus there won't emerge any "cones" during winding this spool. Like this the line unwinds in big loops and very evenly from the spool and thus prevents the twisting of the line. Thanks to this system also longer casts are possible.
- Twisterbuster II - Line Twist Occurs in the rotor rotation was said to be an inevitable consequence of fishing with spin reels. Daiwa employs a tapered line roller in its Twistbuster II Technology that has been used to great effect, offsetting line twist, greatly improving line management and resulting in trouble free fishing.
- ATD - Daiwa’s new drag, ATD implements structural changes to the spool metal of the reel that provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft. This additional support of the spool reduces spool twist under load, promotes more even wear of the drag washers and ultimately reduces “pulsing” of the drag when fighting the fish.Combined with new improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag startup inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
- Braid Ready Spool Design
- Solid Screw in Handle
Gear Ratio: 5.6:1
Bearings: 6BB + 1BB
Line Retreive: 95cm, 37.5"
Weight: 305g, 10.8oz
Max Drag: 7kg, 15.4lb
-lbs/yds: 8/240, 10/200, 12/170
-mm/m: 0.28/220, 0.30/185 0.32/155
-lbs/m: 15/260, 20/220, 30/170
|Brand||Daiwa Fishing Equipment|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Fullon Fishing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.