The Daiwa BG 5000 & Saltist Hyper 9'6" PE6 Shoregame Combo is a great value combo for shore casting stick baits or live baiting for Kingfish. The cast weight of the rod make it ideal for casting the majority of stick baits on the NZ market. The Combo is well suited to be used with Daiwa X8 J braid with enough capacity to hold 300m of 50lb.
Daiwa BG 5000 Spin Reel
- Aluminium body, BG’s aluminium body and side plate forms a reel body that is precision machined, and highly corrosion resistant, making it the ultimate body for the offshore environment. Rigid, strong and highly durable the unyielding body allows for seamless gear function and prevents twisting when the reel is under load and results in greater cranking force.
- Digigear II, Reaping the full protection and strength benefits of the new body is technologically advanced Digigear system. A highly evolved drive system, Digigear features a high precision cutting technique that achieves perfect gear meshing and ultra smooth performance.
- Air Rotor, For ultimate strength and rotation, BG uses our latest version of Air Rotor, this super strong light rotor is like no other – a new revolution in strength and sensitivity. This design disperses pressure to the entire lower section of the rotor, dramatically decreasing weight, stress and flexing while massively increasing the strength.
- ABS II
- Twisterbuster II
- ATD, Daiwa’s new drag, ATD implements structural changes to the spool metal of the reel that provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft. This additional support of the spool reduces spool twist under load, promotes more even wear of the drag washers and ultimately reduces “pulsing” of the drag when fighting the fish.Combined with new improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag startup inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
Gear Ratio: 5.7:1
Bearings: 6BB + 1BB
Weight: 640g, 22.6oz
Max Drag: 10kg, 22.0lb
PE/m: 4/400, 5/300
mm/m: 0.35/460, 0.40/350m, 0.45/260
lb/yds: 14/500, 17/380, 20/280
lbs/yds: 40/480, 50/360, 65/260
Daiwa Saltist Hyper 9'6 PE 6 60-150g Shoregame Rod
- Blank Construction - Utilising HVF carbon, Daiwa’s low resin, high strength, reduced weight, high density carbon the result is a range that is stripped of unwanted weight, yet loaded with all the power that you need. More muscle and less fat is the name of the game in the new Saltist Hyper range.Glatech construction features in many of the models in the range and incorporates uni-directional fibreglass sandwiched between 90 degree inner and outer layers graphite. The result is an incredibly resilient blank, with backbone and lifting power to control and lead strong fish. Daiwa’s legendary Bias Wrap construction also plays a major role in the series with the cross directional blank wrapping method eliminating unwanted rod twist and distortion when under load. The process creates a blank with less weight and more strength.
- Reel Seat - Rock solid Fuji reel seats create an immovable fusion between rod and reel, with a locking ring on the seat anchoring the two together eliminating any chance of reel movement or slippage.
- Guides - Fuji will guide you and your new Saltist onto fish with their O Concept guides, a new deep-pressed frame technology, offering 360-degree protection from bumps, hits and dings. The O Concept also reduces guide draw, twist and bend and weight, resulting in a more responsive rod. Chrome in colour and contrasting strikingly with black guide bindings, they complete the classic blue, black and white stylings and ensure that the Saltist Hyper look as good as they fish.
- Grips - Long hard days offshore call for a comfortable rod and in the hand is where the ultimate test of comfort is made, and the ultra tough EVA grips on the new Saltist are as comfortable and rugged as they come.Smooth, ergonomically friendly, classic black EVA grips put the power in your hands to battle the toughest fish, while offer you the comfort to use all day long.
- Construction - 2 Piece in Sectioning mid blank
Action: Extra Heavy
Length: 9'6", 290cm
Line Weight: PE 6
Guides: 7 + tip
Suited Reels: Spin
Cast Weight: 60 - 150g
|Brand||Daiwa Fishing Equipment|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Fullon Fishing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.