The Daiwa Saltist 8000 Spin Reel is a stunning reel ideal for jigging, and live baiting it features a large amount of smooth drag and is packed with features. Beauty knows no bounds and design and performance has no limits with the legendary Saltist spin reel. The new Saltist introduces unrivalled ground-breaking technology to the world at a price point never available before. Digigear II, Magseal, ATD, Magsealed Line Roller and Air Rotor feature in the all-new Saltist.
- Metal Body: Daiwa's metal body design reduces frame flex extending the life of the reel and increases durability.
- Magseal: Given the popularity of saltwater fishing, reducing water penetration is a major goal to minimize corrosion, promote longer life and better performance. Daiwa found a solution – Magseal, this system greatly reduces the penetration of water inside the body via the main shaft. Being magnetized this lubrication system avoids any friction, reduces dust intrusion, eliminates oil spray and improves reel life expectancy. Not content with Magsealing the rotor/anti-reverse system, Saltist also introduces fully contained Magsealed line roller system to attenuate water intrusion, maintain rotation smoothness and increase part longevity. Magseal has now reached the pinnacle of evolution.
- Digigear II: Daiwa's original digital design technology "Digi Gear" evolves further. In order to realize the ideal tooth surface derived by digital analysis, we adopted super high precision machine cutting technology and realized tooth surface accuracy several times or more than forged gear. Durability is improved by applying special lapping processing to the drive gear and taking the optimal balance between the pinion gear and the drive gear.
- Air Rotor: Lighter, stronger and more balanced and sensitive than any rotor system that’s come before, ‘Air Rotor’ , precision engineered arch that provides exceptional line roller support and disperses pressure to the lower section of the rotor to reduce stressing and flexing.
- Air Bail: The smooth bale shape of Daiwa's Airbail dramatically reduces the chance of the line no returning to the bail roller. Furthermore, by developing a hollow bail wire, the wire had a significant increase in strength for the same weight.
- ABS II: A spool structure in which the line is released without trouble, and the flight distance extends. By making the winding surface reverse tapered with a large diameter, the line ahead of the spool is hard to be pushed out, line troubles such as backlash are drastically reduced. Large caliber spool also contributes to improve winding speed and drag performance. ABS II reviews the shape of the spool ring and reduces resistance during casting. More far-throw performance is increasing.
- Twistbuster II: Is a unique design only available on Daiwa reels, The special tapered line roller reduces twist by laying the line in the same place on the spool time after time. This consistency reduces wind knots.
- ATD: Daiwa’s new drag, ATD implements structural changes to the spool metal of the reel that provides greater support of the spool across the entire length of the main shaft. This additional support of the spool reduces spool twist under load, promotes more even wear of the drag washers and ultimately reduces “pulsing” of the drag when fighting the fish. Combined with new improved drag grease that exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag startup inertia and combined with the structural changes of the ATD Drag System results in a smoother drag from the initial hook up.
Gear Ratio: 5.3:1
Ball Bearings: 8 + 1 AR
Max Drag: 15kg
Line Capacity: PE6/540m, 8/400m
Handle Side: Interchangeable
|Brand||Daiwa Fishing Equipment|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Fullon Fishing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.